Finding a roommate is pretty hard. Especially when you’re far away from home. You need to struggle working and have a little time to find roommate or even a room rent. When you already meet a potential roommate, you may feel not match with their character or hobby. This really explains Zamzam’s situation. Fortunately, he doesn’t need to find roommate somewhere else and spend his weekend finding roommate. Let’s hear his story about finding roommate and how to deal with him.
- Hi, would you like to introduce yourself?
My name’s Zamzam. I’m 23 years old. I work as private employee in one of supplier of oil and gas instrument company.
- How long you have been renting your room and where’s the location?
Well, I’ve rent my room in Harapan Indah, Bekasi for about 3 months.
- Could you describe your room rent?
Well, my room is quite large. It has double bed, a TV, a wardrobe but I have to share bathroom. The boarding house offers small parking area.
- How do you end up roomsharing together?
He is my older brother.
- What’s so fun about having roommate?
The good things are I have a companion to talk to and he can help me to nurse when I sick.
- Any downside?
He likes to sleep late and play music very loud.
- What do you think about roomsharing trend in Indonesia nowadays?
I think it is a very economic option to rent a room but it’s not so common in Indonesia since it’s quite hard to find a roommate.
- Do you think Serumah website would be useful for people in Indonesia?
It could be useful if there’re more users in the website so that there’ll be higher chance for me to find a new roommate.
- Would roomsharing be something that you’d recommend?
Of course. Well, I think roomsharing will help us economically to rent a room, especially in capital city like jakarta.